Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Reading

Summer time is time for relaxing and more reading!  Don't forget to take books with you when you travel, when you have to wait at a doctor office or dentist office,ect... I must add at this point that having a Kindle (or other eBook reading device) is SO ultra convenient!  Wait for it...my Kindle 'plug' is on its way, lol.

When I travel I don't want to take 3 books and a few magazines...they take up way too much space AND they can be heavy!!! I LOVE my Kindle because I can just slip it in my purse or tote bag and read it anytime, anywhere.  I really enjoy reading in bed also, so I have to have my handy dandy book light with me (I recommend the Verso Clip-On Reading Light, it works great and is one of the cheapest:)  Did you know that you can also listen to music on your Kindle?  Yes!  The only time I listen to music while reading is when I need to block out noise so that I can concentrate on reading my book.  I recommend some classical or 'mood' music with no words, it works great at blocking outside noises (Amazon even has an MP3 album titled "Classical Music for the Reader: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader"  I have a few of these classical collections.  It's great to have these long playing songs so that you can get into your book and not worry about switching the songs out so often.)

Here is a quick list of some great Summer Reads:

Chocolate Beach by Julie Carobini - free for the Kindle as of 6/20/12
Fade to Blue: An Otter Bay Novel by Julie Carobini
Ruby's Slippers by Leanna Ellis
Leave It To Claire by Tracey Bateman
Always the Baker, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

A few great authors:

Mary Connealy
MaryLu Tyndall
Tamara Alexander
Melody Carlson
Francine Rivers
Cindy Woodsmall
Denise Hunter
Liz Curtis Higgs
Siri Mitchell

A few great mystery/thriller authors:

Teri Blackstock
Vickie Heinze
Brandlyn Collins

Let me know what your reading:)  
Until next time, Blessings to you~~Lucie

No comments:

Book Trailers

Book Trailers

Enjoy These Music Videos

Enjoy These Music Videos

He Knows My Name by Francesca Battistelli

Light Up the Sky by The Afters

Stronger - Madisa

My Blog List